Tuesday, January 30, 2007

We made it to Denver!

Julia and I survived the cold, hazardous, four day trek from Gainesville, Florida to Denver, Colorado; me driving a 16' moving truck and dragging a car behind, and Julia shuttling a couple of (understandably) grumpy, mewling kitties in her car. You can view a camera-phone pictography of our journey in the photo album. There is a lot to say about our moving adventure, and we might have to start up a separate blog to chronicle our new lives in Denver.

But, for now I'll just say that Denver is everything we'd hoped for. There are tons of great places to eat, the public transportation system rocks (I can take the bus from my doorstep straight to the front of the building where I work), the downtown is lively and full of character, the microbreweries are ubiquitous and excellent, and the people are some of the friendliest you'll ever meet. As our cable guy said, "Denver is America's best kept secret". If only it weren't so damn cold all of the time... (and for those dear to us who we left behind, we miss you!)

No comments: